The Umbrian regional cuisine, little known but appreciated by those who have been able to appreciate its characteristics, will be the subject of an interesting cooking class in the company of an expert chef, guests of a typical Umbrian farmhouse.
Topics of the lesson:
- The handmade pasta: practical demonstration of dough, rolling with a rolling pin and cutting various formats.
- Cereals and legumes: combinations of cereals and legumes of the hills and local mountains with pastas, soups, meats and vegetables in the field, as well as with the splendid extra virgin olive oil from Valnerina.
- Saffron: preparation of typical and creative dishes with saffron.
- The lamb: how to section and how to use the various cuts.
- Olive oil: an essential product of our gastronomic culture. Notes on cultivation, varieties, harvesting and extraction (possible visit to a mill). How to taste an oil, a difference between sweet and fruity, pairing with traditional local and country dishes, bruschetta, crostini, pasta and meat.
- Desserts: recipes and demonstrations.
You can make one or more dishes for each of the proposed topics, depending on the season and preferences, but will still offer the demonstration of an entire menu.
Following, tasting lunch, with interesting proposals for pairing with Umbrian wines.
All technical equipment will be supplied by organizator
During the weekend the activity includes a supplement of € 30.00 per person